Sunday, August 22, 2010

On the way....

I am sitting at Jhb International waiting for the red eye flight to board. It is 10:30. This midnight flight is a killer. (Arriving in Sez with red eyes in the morning is a certainty!) Of course I have just had to send off a few emails to try and get a few last minute glitches rearranged. We are missing a small spares box - this will have to be placed on the next flight to Sez (which is only on Friday!). This is a bit of a nuisance but not insurmountable. In light of the start of a new season these things seems to be par for the course.

I met Neil a while ago. He is our new pilot that will be helping out this season. Understandably excited but surprisingly he arrived with just one small bag. (Oh yes, I expected the small spares box to be with him so even more of a surprise to me) But it seems he has decided to travel minimalistic - something I have never been able to do. Even if I vow to do so every time, next time. Neil's girlfriend, (Monique) was seemingly not impressed with him galavanting off so early on in their relationship. Apparently they only started dating 2 and a half months ago! Of course I know too that she will be on a flight to Sez in the not too distant future too! They both seem like a nice couple.

I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting the new gang. It all happens tommorrow!

Wish you were here! (Well, almost!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment