Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Engine blocks and propellors

20 August 2011

Seychelles is just as beautiful as I remembered – actually more so. Perhaps it is just that I am another year older and wiser so value beauty and time more than ever. But the fact is that everywhere I look I see the splendour of nature and how the creator managed a masterpiece with these little granitic islands in the Indian Ocean: Seychelles must be the prettiest islands in the world. As usual, man has entered the picture and of course is spoiling the art. I am struck with these two almost paradoxes – the beauty of nature and our planet on the one side and then man and his inventions on the other. For it seems that these two are mutually exclusive. But I am getting carried away here…

The islands greeted me with their usual soft and warm embrace. This time round I feel at home like never before. Driving to Beau Vallon bay we of course can’t help but talk about the latest news – shark attack! Apparently it has been making news headlines all over the globe. I will write more about that at another time.

For now, I have been working on our little orange plane for three days solid, all in prep to get her airworthy for the upcoming season. There is a lot of work and my hands have been tender in the evenings from turning nuts and bolts and things. Amazingly my feet are the worst. Standing the whole day on the concrete hangar floor is not what they are used to! :) The truth is that I am pretty tired when I get home so writing and posting something for the blog has been put on the back burner. As soon as things are more settled my posts will become more regular.

Abbi, Garreth and Laura are here too and it is great to see them again. They will be guiding the new interns on the whale shark program for the season – we have just returned from a pizza at the Baobab restaurant, a lovely little spot where you can wriggle your toes in the sand!

Wish you were here!
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment